"Thank you so much for the assistance you gave us. We were at the end of our rope and didn't know who to turn to. We knew Dad didn't want to go to a nursing home, but we couldn't stay with him 24/7 and carry on with our lives. I was going to quit my job so I could stay with him when Comfort Keepers came into our lives. You were a Godsend."
"I want to personally thank you for taking care of my mom during her last days. Your time with her was special and helped make her comfortable. I have a newfound respect for the care you give people. You are truly special."
"I want you to know that I was adamantly against my father coming home [after the rehabilitation center]. I thought it was the wrong decision and that he should have gone to a facility. And I still think that if we had chosen anyone other than Comfort Keepers to care for him, it would've been. But instead, I think using your agency was the best decision we ever could have made for him. You and your caregivers are such incredibly kind, compassionate people. You've given us so much peace of mind and you gave him care beyond what we ever could have imagined he would receive at home. Every single one of my siblings agrees with me on this, and we haven't agreed on much else regarding his care over the past two years."
"I want to tell you how wonderful our Comfort Keeper was! She was the PERFECT person to care for my husband and truly enjoyed her company during her visits. She took great care of him and exceeded our expectations! Your entire team, from Lydia at the assessment, to the care coordinator who introduced the caregiver, to the support staff in the office, has just been fantastic. Thank you!!"
"CK - Thank you for your excellent care."
"I will really miss you all. You became like family. I know it was as hard for some of the staff as it was for me to see Dad's passing. Thank you for all you did!"
"Thank you for the loving care and support you gave my dad, me, and my family. I am forever grateful."
"Special thanks to all of the caregivers who took care of my mother over the months. They all treated my mom with respect, compassion, and kindness. You are a wonderful and professional team."
"The owners of this Comfort Keepers are truly the most kind and caring individuals. My family member feels safe and cared for and looks forward to being "visited" each day. I have such peace of mind knowing someone who is dedicated and attentive arrives each day with a smile!"
"This is hopefully the beginning of a dream come true. After my caregiver left, I thought I have never felt so comfortable with a person who took care of me. Believe me, between my husband and I, I qualify to pass recommendation. The air was heavy yesterday and it really affects my breathing and I tired easily. She was attentive and helpful. Did the shopping we were suppose to do together, put things away and let me nap away. Bless the kind people at Comfort Keepers!"
Beyond Caregiving... How does Comfort Keepers Care for me?
We take the privilege of caregiving seriously – provision of exceptional client care is our utmost priority. This is a full team effort. Once you choose Comfort Keepers, the full team becomes dedicated to your care coordination. Behind the scenes, our Administrative team is working a time-consuming, labor-intensive, client-centered process to meet your needs and optimize quality of life.
Services Prior to Caregiving
- Telephone consultation and informational discussion
- On-site visit and comprehensive In-Home Care & Safety Assessment
- Plan of Care development and discussion with client & family
- Client/Caregiver matching based on numerous factors
- Scheduling to client’s specific needs
- Coordination with other agencies & providers
- Communication with family members
- Client Care meeting, reviewing needs assessment, evaluation and Plan of Care with Care team
- Client-specific Caregiver training
- Caregiver introduction to the client & home, orientation for additional or new Caregivers
Ongoing Supplemental Services Beyond Caregiving
- Client & family support for any concerns or issues – owners are actively involved and committed to ensuring your satisfaction with the care you receive
- Dedicated Client Care Coordinator who manages caregiving, continuously monitors changes in client condition
- Care coordination with other care providers
- Regular communication with clients & family members
- 24-Hour On-Call Live supervisory staff access
- 24-Hour Caregiver support for problem solving, client needs guidance, etc.
- Routine re-assessment and Plan of Care modification – a complimentary, value-added component of our standard care process
- Management of a team of competent caregivers, as well as support staff to ensure every client gets the care they need, irrespective of unforeseen circumstances
- On-call caregivers – a backup safety net in case of unexpected circumstances
- Care service quality and business process improvement oversight
- Online portal for family member communication – “Family Connect”
- Skilled Caregiver substitution and training to prepare for primary Caregiver time off
- Fostering and facilitation of staff growth, development, and continuing education
- Assumption of employer liability in all aspects of employment
- Workers’ Compensation insurance
- Owned & unowned automobile insurance
- Staff payroll processing, payment of all taxes, employer burden
- Human Resources administration
- Extensive Caregiver screening process prior to hiring and training, as well as ongoing
- Background checks on all employees, at Federal & County levels, as well as motor vehicle record checks and drug testing
- Thorough interview process and reference checks
- Liability insurance, with all in-home Caregivers covered by our bonding
- Caregiver benefits provision & management, including dental, vision & paid time off – a rarity in this industry!
- Complimentary processing of long term care or automotive insurance paperwork & claims management, when applicable